hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "Black, James A." <blac...@ornl.gov>
Subject RE: changing socket calls for ApplicationMaster
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:48:54 GMT
It appears that it would be in hadoop-common in org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server and org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client,
as the path I followed was:
ContainerManagerImpl -> ContainerManagementProtocolPBServiceImpl -> ProtobufRpcEngine->Server

Before I start making the changes to an event-based communication platform it would be nice
to know that this is indeed the correct place.

Thank you.

From: Black, James A.
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 9:47 AM
To: 'yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org'
Subject: changing socket calls for ApplicationMaster

Hello,
  I am working on a project to get Hadoop 2 to work on a Cray supercomputer, and for that
I need to change it from using TCP/IP sockets to using something else, as sockets run slow
on the Cray computers we have.

  So, I am looking at AMRMClientImpl and it seems that that section needs to be changed, but
which class is actually used to communicate between the ApplicationMaster and the Containers?
 I am looking for the place where the actual socket calls are made so I can change it to a
different library.

Thank you.