hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From smit <smit....@gmail.com>
Subject Temperature-aware yarn scheduler
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:16:27 GMT
Hi

We are planning to modify YARN to incorporate the idea of temperature-aware
scheduling of jobs. Basically, when a node is heated up, we would like our
scheduler to reduce the workload assigned to that particular node. So the
way we look at this problem, we need help in figuring out the following
things :
- Pathway for passing node's information (mainly temperature) to the
scheduler.
- Mechanism through which scheduler chooses the nodes. (to prevent a heated
node from being selected)
- General overview of the workflow of the yarn code.

We tried asking for help at IRC, and acmurthy suggested us to mail it
directly to the mailing list. It would be very grateful of you if you can
help us in this regard.

Thanking you.

Smit Mehta
Final year, B.Tech