hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From 鲍博 <bob432...@gmail.com>
Subject Are special characters in user names sanitized ?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 09:31:57 GMT
HI,

I'm new to Hadoop, so sorry for any inappropriate content.

While reading the Hadoop source code, I noticed that in non-secure mode,
Hadoop allows a user to send almost arbitrary strings as the user name.

After some basic experiments, it seems that a user can interfere with the
NodeManager in this way, even with LCE as the container executor.

Is this part of the "if want security, use security mode" thing? Or is
there a plan to fix it?

Thanks for any information.

Bo Bao