hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Code generation error due to locale settings to tr
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 18:04:50 GMT
yes, this is a bug -not enough people know that .equalsIgnoreCase() doesn't
work in some locales, Turkey being a key one.

But, if you look at the top of the file, you'll see something important

/**
 * Autogenerated by Avro
 *
 * DO NOT EDIT DIRECTLY
 */

this is code generated by Avro -if it's getting case wrong, it's a bug
there.

Before worrying about it,
0. Can find the problem mentioned on the web somewhere -especially apache
JIRa?
1. Does the problem exist in hadoop trunk?
2. If you edit the POMs to move up to any later Avro, does the problem
exist.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE