hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "欧阳晋(欧阳晋)" <jin....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject About ResourceRequest for a self-written AppMaster to ResourceManager
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:31:07 GMT
Hi all:I'm writing my own AppMaster to run in YARN. And I'm confused about resource request
between AppMaster and ResourceManager.My situation is that I want total 10 containers, so
in my AppMaster . after some initiallization , my AppMaster send a 10 container resource request
to ResourceManager, call allocate interface, and wait for allocation in a while loop. My app
is such a type that it can run container immediately after allocation happens . So after maybe
2 containers are allocated by ResourceManager, I tell NodeManager to launch it . So my question
is, should I send a new ResourceReqeust to ResourceManager that I need 8 Container ?  It
seems that after the first time I send a resource request and waiting for allocation , I can
get containers , but I don't know whether that's suitable.Thanks!OuYang Jin