hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "欧阳晋(欧阳晋)" <jin....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re:About ResourceRequest for a self-written AppMaster to ResourceManager
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2014 02:45:05 GMT
Thank you very much Devaraj. It solves my question. And I wonder if this is the same thing
the MapReduce ApplicationMaster do when it request resource to RM? Because MR is the App that
can run map immediately after some containers for map are allocated, so for Map phase, MR
AppMaster just send a total resource request for the first time and then just wait for allocation
response?
Thanks!Ouyang Jin------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Devaraj K <devaraj@apache.org>
发送时间:2014年7月20日(星期日) 01:51
收件人:yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; 欧阳晋(风骖)
<jin.oyj@alibaba-inc.com>
主 题:Re: About ResourceRequest for a self-written AppMaster to ResourceManager

Hi Jin,
     You don't need to request containers for each allocate
invocation. You can send containers request one time for 10 containers and then
keep on checking the allocate response for containers allocation, RM will try to allocate
and gives as part of allocate response whenever they become available.

For ex: If we request for 10 containers, assume RM can
allocate 2 containers at that time then RM gives two containers and keeps the
remaining 8 containers request information. In future RM continues to allocate remaining
requests whenever resources available and gives to ApplicationMaster as part of
allocate response.