hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Devaraj K <deva...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About ResourceRequest for a self-written AppMaster to ResourceManager
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2014 17:51:17 GMT
Hi Jin,

     You don't need to request containers for each allocate invocation. You
can send containers request one time for 10 containers and then keep on
checking the allocate response for containers allocation, RM will try to
allocate and gives as part of allocate response whenever they become
available.

For ex: If we request for 10 containers, assume RM can allocate 2
containers at that time then RM gives two containers and keeps the
remaining 8 containers request information. In future RM continues to
allocate remaining requests whenever resources available and gives to
ApplicationMaster as part of allocate response.

--

Thanks
Devaraj K