hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From bo yang <bobyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Feature request for YARN: Support in-process container executor
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 23:41:25 GMT
Hi Guys,

I created a feature request for YARN. Any comments/suggestions on that?

Support in-process container executor

Node Manage always creates a new process for a new application. We have hit
a scenario where we want the node manager to execute the application inside
its own process, so we get fast response time. It would be nice if Node
Manager or YARN can provide native support for that.

In general, the scenario is that we have a long running process which can
accept requests and process the requests inside its own process. Since YARN
is good at scheduling jobs, we want to use YARN to dispatch jobs (e.g.
requests in JSON) to the long running process. In that case, we do not want
YARN container to spin up a new process for each request. Instead, we want
YARN container to send the request to the long running process for further
processing.

Thanks,
Bo