hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 2.7 status
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 19:53:36 GMT
Allen, can you make that JIRA a blocker with that rationale so that it can be discussed so
on the JIRA?

Thanks
+Vinod

On Feb 14, 2015, at 9:30 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

> IMO, HDFS-5796 (in some form or another) is a blocker for 2.7.
>
> Right now, DFS browsing is pretty much broken on secure systems when a hadoop-auth-compatible
plugin is in use.  The "fix" (HDFS-5716) introduced (what appears to be) an incompatible and
undocumented method to provide auth versus the rest of Hadoop.

> On Feb 14, 2015, at 8:56 AM, Ravi Prakash <ravihoo@ymail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like the improvements to the Namenode UI be included in 2.7 too. HDFS-7588.
All the code is ready and we can try to get as much of it in as possible piecemeal.

wrote:

>> 2 weeks from now (end of Feb) sounds reasonable. The one feature I would
>> like for to be included is shared-cache: we are pretty close - two more
>> main items to take care of.
>>
>> In an offline conversation, Steve mentioned building Windows binaries for
>> our releases. Do we want to do that for 2.7? If so, can anyone with Windows
>> expertise setup a Jenkins job to build these artifacts, and may be hook it
>> up to https://builds.apache.org/job/HADOOP2_Release_Artifacts_Builder/
>>

>> someone will have to first fix MiniYarnCluster to come up on the ASF jenkins machines;
it currently fails with directory permission setup problems that may matter in production,
but not in test runs.