hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: Planning Hadoop 2.6.1 release
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:01:51 GMT
Thanks Joep and your team members for creating the list. I really
appreciate your work. I looked your 'not yet marked with
2.6.1-candidate' list and categorized them.

1) Now marked as 2.6.1-candidate and I agree with you to keep it marked.

* HDFS-7213
* HDFS-7788
* HDFS-7884
* HDFS-7930
* YARN-2856
* YARN-3222
* YARN-3238
* YARN-3464
* YARN-3526
* YARN-3850

Thanks Sangjin for creating patches for branch-2.6.

2) Not yet marked as 2.6.1-candidate that I'd like to see in 2.6.1

* HDFS-7182
* HDFS-7314
* HDFS-7704
* HDFS-7894
* HDFS-7929 and HDFS-8480 (they are related)
* HDFS-7980
* HDFS-8245
* HDFS-8270
* HDFS-8404
* HDFS-8486
* MAPREDUCE-5465
* MAPREDUCE-5649
* MAPREDUCE-6166
* MAPREDUCE-6238
* MAPREDUCE-6300
* YARN-2952
* YARN-2997
* YARN-3094
* YARN-3176 (to be fixed soon, I think)
* YARN-3231
* HADOOP-11295
* HADOOP-11812

3) Not yet marked as 2.6.1-candidate. I'd like to drop

* HDFS-7281 (incompatible change)
* HDFS-7446 (this looks to be an improvement)
* HDFS-7916 (cannot apply to branch-2.6 as Sangjin mentioned)

Hi Vinod, could you mark the issues in 2) as 2.6.1-candidate?

I'd like to freeze the candidate list in about 7 days and start
backporting them. Do you have any thoughts?

Regards,
Akira