hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] About the details of JDK-8 support
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2015 14:42:48 GMT

FYI:

	I’ve switched HADOOP to Apache Yetus (from the YETUS-83 branch) in multijdk mode with jdk7
and jdk8 turned on. (So java patches will take *twice as long* since they aren’t done in
parallel!).  I’ll be ramping up the other big features (docker and multiple maven repos)
and watching the results of various jobs throughout the day.  Note that the Jenkins precommit
bits are now a bit hacky for the time being so that if necessary I can easily back it out
in case of a big bug.

	At some point, we’ll switch the other projects over, dealing with any feedback from the
hadoop-common trial. Hopefully by then, we’ll have our first Apache Yetus release as well
as clean up the jobs to be less hacky.

	I’ll drop some notes on the new functionality later after I see how far I can ramp up the
features.

Thanks.