hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Varun Saxena <vsaxena.va...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting consistent build failures for YARN-2928 branch on Jenkins Slave H8
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 15:06:25 GMT
Hi All,

We are getting consistent build failures for YARN-2928 branch on Jenkins
slave H8.
Refer to YARN Pre commit build numbers 11652, 11654, 11655 and 11657.

Basically git pull is failing.
I think it might be because we did a rebase couple of weeks ago.

Does somebody know how to fix this on the Jenkins slave ?

Right now I am submitting the build from Jenkins in parallel to ensure
atleast one build ends up on a slave other than H8.

Errors are as under :

Switched to branch 'YARN-2928'
> Your branch and 'origin/YARN-2928' have diverged,
> and have 85 and 782 different commits each, respectively.
>   (use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)
> First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
> Applying: YARN-3063. Bootstrapping TimelineServer next generation module. Contributed
by Zhijie Shen.
> Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
> M	hadoop-project/pom.xml
> A	hadoop-yarn-project/CHANGES.txt
> M	hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/pom.xml
> <stdin>:47: trailing whitespace.
> Trunk - Unreleased
> warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.
> Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
> Auto-merging hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/pom.xml
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/pom.xml
> Auto-merging hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-timelineservice/pom.xml
> CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-timelineservice/pom.xml
> CONFLICT (modify/delete): hadoop-yarn-project/CHANGES.txt deleted in HEAD and modified
in YARN-3063. Bootstrapping TimelineServer next generation module. Contributed by Zhijie Shen..
Version YARN-3063. Bootstrapping TimelineServer next generation module. Contributed by Zhijie
Shen. of hadoop-yarn-project/CHANGES.txt left in tree.
> Auto-merging hadoop-project/pom.xml
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in hadoop-project/pom.xml
> Failed to merge in the changes.
> Patch failed at 0001 YARN-3063. Bootstrapping TimelineServer next generation module.
Contributed by Zhijie Shen.
> The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
>    /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/PreCommit-YARN-Build/.git/rebase-apply/patch
> When you have resolved this problem, run "git rebase --continue".
> If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git rebase --skip" instead.
> To check out the original branch and stop rebasing, run "git rebase --abort".
> ERROR: git pull is failing

Regards,

Varun Saxena