hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha1 RC0
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 18:12:05 GMT

> On Aug 30, 2016, at 10:17 AM, Zhe Zhang <zhz@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks Andrew for the great work! It's really exciting to finally see a
> Hadoop 3 RC.
>
> I noticed CHANGES and RELEASENOTES markdown files which were not in
> previous RCs like 2.7.3. What are good tools to verify them? I tried
> reading them on IntelliJ but format looks odd.

	The site tarball has them converted to HTML.  I've also re-run the versions that I keep on
my gitlab account.  (Since the data comes from JIRA, the content should be the same but the
format and ordering might be different since I use the master branch of Yetus.) https://gitlab.com/_a__w_/eco-release-metadata/tree/master/HADOOP/3.0.0-alpha1

	It also looks like IntelliJ has a few different markdown plug-ins.  You'll want one that
supports what is generally referred to as MultiMarkdown or Github-Flavored Markdown (GFM)
since releasedocmaker uses the table extension format found in that specification.  (It's
an extremely common extension so I'm sure one of them supports it.)