hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: About 2.7.4 Release
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:01:03 GMT

> On Apr 25, 2017, at 12:35 AM, Akira Ajisaka <aajisaka@apache.org> wrote:
> > Maybe we should create a jira to track this?
>
> I think now either way (reopen or create) is fine.
>
> Release doc maker creates change logs by fetching information from JIRA, so reopening
the tickets should be avoided when a release process is in progress.

	Keep in mind that the release documentation is part of the build process.  Users who are
doing their own builds will have incomplete documentation if we keep re-opening JIRAs after
a release.  At one point, JIRA was configured to refuse re-opening after a release is cut.
 I'm not sure why it stopped doing that, but it might be time to see if we can re-enable that
functionality.