hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Prakash <ravihad...@gmail.com>
Subject Development Workflow : Running daemons from class files.
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:17:44 GMT
Hi folks!

I was wondering if any of you are able to run the RM / NM from the class
files that are generated on a simple mvn compile command of a submodule.
Usually in my workflow I do a mvn package, and then cp the generated jars
into the dist directory (which is what I have set for HADOOP_HOME) . What I
found curious was :

branch-2 :
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/branch-2/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/bin/yarn#L165
trunk :
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/shellprofile.d/hadoop-yarn.sh#L28

both have the path set to yarn-server/yarn-server-resourcemanager whereas
the path is
hadoop-yarn-server/hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager

Does anyone know why? Is this just the "parallel" path everyone tells the
IDE to generate class files at? Or a whimsical setting of some developer
long gone, and this code has just been lying there unused?

Curious,
Ravi