hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha release
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 17:27:44 GMT
Congratulations on the release!

Just seeing this, why is this its own website with its own downloads section, look & feel
etc instead of being part of our larger site?

+Vinod

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 5:24 PM, Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org> wrote:
>

> It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has voted to
release Apache Hadoop Ozone 0.2.1-alpha.

> Apache Hadoop Ozone is an object store for Hadoop built using Hadoop Distributed Data
Store.

> For more information and to download, please check
>
> https://hadoop.apache.org/ozone
>
> Note: This release is alpha quality, it's not recommended to use in production.
>
> Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the release, and everyone in the Apache Hadoop
community! The release is a result of work from many contributors. Thank you for all of them.

> On behalf of the Hadoop community,
> Márton Elek
>

> ps: Hadoop Ozone and HDDS are released separately from the main Hadoop releases, this
release doesn't include new Hadoop Yarn/Mapreduce/Hdfs versions.