hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: proposed new repository for hadoop/ozone docker images (+update on docker works)
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2019 00:54:19 GMT
By separating Hadoop docker related build into a separate git repository have some slippery
slope.  It is harder to synchronize the changes between two separate source trees.  There
is multi-steps process to build jar, tarball, and docker images.  This might be problematic
to reproduce.

It would be best to arrange code such that docker image build process can be invoked as part
of maven build process.  The profile is activated only if docker is installed and running
on the environment.  This allows to produce jar, tarball, and docker images all at once without
hindering existing build procedure.

YARN-7129 is one of the examples that making a subproject in YARN to build a docker image
that can run in YARN.  It automatically detects presence of docker and build docker image
when docker is available.  If docker is not running, the subproject skips and proceed to next
sub-project.  Please try out YARN-7129 style of build process, and see this is a possible
solution to solve docker image generation issue?  Thanks

Regards,
Eric

    I’ve requested a new repo hadoop-docker-ozone.git in gitbox.