hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving branch-2 to java 8
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 20:18:07 GMT
The community made a decision long time ago that we'd like to keep the compatibility &
so tie branch-2 to Java 7, but do Java 8+ only work on 3.x.

I always assumed that most (all?) downstream users build branch-2 on JDK 7 only, can anyone
confirm? If so, there may be an easier way to address these test issues.

+Vinod