hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Weiwei Yang <abvclo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Making submarine to different release model like Ozone
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 06:50:43 GMT
Thanks for proposing this Wangda, my +1 as well.
It is amazing to see the progress made in Submarine last year, the community grows fast and
quiet collaborative. I can see the reasons to get it release faster in its own cycle. And
at the same time, the Ozone way works very well.

—
Weiwei
On Feb 1, 2019, 10:49 AM +0800, Xun Liu <neliuxun@163.com>, wrote:
> +1
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am Xun Liu, the head of the machine learning team at Netease Research Institute. I
quite agree with Wangda.

> Our team is very grateful for getting Submarine machine learning engine from the community.
> We are heavy users of Submarine.
> Because Submarine fits into the direction of our big data team's hadoop technology stack,
> It avoids the needs to increase the manpower investment in learning other container scheduling
systems.
> The important thing is that we can use a common YARN cluster to run machine learning,
> which makes the utilization of server resources more efficient, and reserves a lot of
human and material resources in our previous years.

service to our e-commerce department (http://www.kaola.com/) shortly.

> We also plan to provides the Submarine engine in our existing YARN cluster in the next
six months.
> Because we have a lot of product departments need to use machine learning services,
> for example:
> 1) Game department (http://game.163.com/) needs AI battle training,
> 2) News department (http://www.163.com) needs news recommendation,
> 3) Mailbox department (http://www.163.com) requires anti-spam and illegal detection,
> 4) Music department (https://music.163.com/) requires music recommendation,
> 5) Education department (http://www.youdao.com) requires voice recognition,
> 6) Massive Open Online Courses (https://open.163.com/) requires multilingual translation
and so on.

> If Submarine can be released independently like Ozone, it will help us quickly get the
latest features and improvements, and it will be great helpful to our team and users.