hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Sree V <sree_at_ch...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Use of AssertJ for testing
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2019 05:06:42 GMT
My opinion:
- Upgrade to JUnit5.- Use an Assertion Framework. Preferably, AssertJ as JUnit5 user guide
full of it.

Thank you./Sree

    On Sunday, March 31, 2019, 9:37:52 PM PDT, Akira Ajisaka <aajisaka@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi folks,

Now I'm going to upgrade the JUnit version from 4 to 5 for Java 11 support.
I wanted to start with the small module, so I uploaded a patch to upgrade
the API in hadoop-yarn-api module at first (YARN-8943), and in this JIRA,
Szilard Nemeth suggested using AssertJ with JUnit 5. (Thanks Szilard
for the suggestion!)

I think the JUnit upgrade and the use of AssertJ are separated, but
related tasks.
Therefore, I'd like to decide:
- Use AssertJ or not
- If we are going to use AssertJ, when to use AssertJ (before
upgrading JUnit or after?)

My opinion is:
- JUnit migration is required for Java 11, so upgrading JUnit as soon
as possible.
- After the migration, we may use AssertJ for existing tests.
- We may use AssertJ for new tests. (not must)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Akira