hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From neo <...@pingcap.com>
Subject Re: Any thoughts making Submarine a separate Apache project?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:36:10 GMT
+1, This is neo from TiDB & TiKV community.
Thanks Xun for bring this up.

Our CNCF project's open source distributed KV storage system TiKV,
Hadoop submarine's machine learning engine helps us to optimize data
storage,
helping us solve some problems in data hotspots and data shuffers.

We are ready to improve the performance of TiDB in our open source
distributed relational database TiDB and also using the hadoop submarine
machine learning engine.

I think if submarine can be independent, it will develop faster and better.
Thanks to the hadoop community for developing submarine!

Best Regards,
neo
www.pingcap.com / https://github.com/pingcap/tidb / https://github.com/tikv

Xun Liu <liuxun@apache.org> 于2019年7月22日周一 下午4:07写道:

> @adam.antal
>
> The submarine development team has completed the following preparations:
> 1. Established a temporary test repository on Github.
> 2. Change the package name of hadoop submarine from org.hadoop.submarine to
> org.submarine
> 3. Combine the Linkedin/TonY code into the Hadoop submarine module;
> 4. On the Github docked travis-ci system, all test cases have been tested;
> 5. Several Hadoop submarine users completed the system test using the code
> in this repository.
>
> 赵欣 <xinzhao@seu.edu.cn> 于2019年7月22日周一 上午9:38写道:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am a teacher at Southeast University (https://www.seu.edu.cn/). We are
> > a major in electrical engineering. Our teaching teams and students use
> > bigoop submarine for big data analysis and automation control of
> electrical
> > equipment.
> >
> > Many thanks to the hadoop community for providing us with machine
> learning
> > tools like submarine.
> >
> > I wish hadoop submarine is getting better and better.
> >

> > ==============================
> > 赵欣
> > 东南大学电气工程学院

> > Zhao XIN