hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Wei-Chiu Chuang <weic...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EOL Hadoop branch-2.8
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2020 18:28:30 GMT
Looking at the EOL policy wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/EOL+%28End-of-life%29+Release+Branches

The Hadoop community can still elect to make security update for EOL'ed
releases.

I think the EOL is to give more clarity to downstream applications (such as
HBase) the guidance of which Hadoop release lines are still active.
Additionally, I don't think it is sustainable to maintain 6 concurrent
release lines in this big project, which is why I wanted to start this
discussion.

Thoughts?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM Sunil Govindan <sunilg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Wei-Chiu
>
> Extremely sorry for the late reply here.
> Cud u pls help to add more clarity on defining what will happen for
> branch-2.8 when we call EOL.
> Does this mean that, no more release coming out from this branch, or some
> more additional guidelines?
>
> - Sunil
>

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:47 PM Wei-Chiu Chuang
> <weichiu@cloudera.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > This thread has been running for 7 days and no -1.
> >
> > Don't think we've established a formal EOL process, but to publicize the
> > EOL, I am going to file a jira, update the wiki and post the announcement
> > to general@ and user@
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:40 PM Dinesh Chitlangia <dineshc.asf@gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Wei-Chiu for initiating this.