hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Bharath Kumara Subramanian <codin.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Application Master High Availability
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2020 00:18:02 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for more documentation/information on AM high availability. I
looked through the documentation and found resources on RM high
availability but none for AM.

I understand, YARN has provisions to restart AM in case of failure up to a
configured number of attempts. However, I wanted to know if YARN has an
active/standby option for AM. I would like to avoid bringing up the
processing containers again in the event of AM failure and have the standby
AM take over the managing my application.

Thanks,
Bharath