hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <bra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Virtual MEETUP]: Migration to Hadoop 3
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2020 17:36:17 GMT
Hi Eric,

check the following references for the same.

01/02/2020 Didi talked about their large scale HDFS cluster upgrade
experience.

Slides:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iwJ1asalYfgnOCBuE-RfeG-NpSocjIcy

Recording:
https://cloudera.zoom.us/rec/share/7MF_dLX0339OY5391xvkZP8NLrXieaa8gyZK-fYJnUkGOUUXvaUh5cl_6AVYetQl

Didi studied two upgrade approaches from the community documentation:
express upgrade and rolling upgrade. Rolling upgrade was selected.

Yahoo Japan was trying out from hadoop-2.6 to hadop-3.2.1

https://techblog.yahoo.co.jp/entry/20191206786320/