hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From "Elek, Marton" <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Hadoop Ozone 1.0.0 RC0
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2020 13:54:55 GMT

+1 (binding)

1. verified signatures

2. verified checksums

3. verified the output of `ozone version` (includes the good git revision)

4. verified that the source package matches the git tag

5. verified source can be used to build Ozone without previous state
(docker run -v ... -it maven ... --> built from the source with zero
local maven cache during 30 minutes)

6. Verified Ozone can be used from binary package (cd compose/ozone &&
test.sh --> all tests were passed)

7. Verified documentation is included in SCM UI

8. Deployed to Kubernetes and executed Teragen on Yarn [1]

9. Deployed to Kubernetes and executed Spark (3.0) Word count (local
executor) [2]

I know about a few performance problems (like HDDS-4119) but I don't
think we should further block the release (they are not regressions just
  improvements). If we will have significant performance improvements
soon, we can release 1.0.1 within 1 month.

Thanks the great work Sammi!!

Marton

[1]: https://github.com/elek/ozone-perf-env/tree/master/teragen-ozone
[2]: https://github.com/elek/ozone-perf-env/tree/master/spark-ozone