hama-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help, failed running hama matrix addition examples, thanks!
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:21:07 GMT
> It seems that in map task, the hbase rangeServer couln't connect to
> Master, While I checked HBase running ok.

I doubt your version of Hbase.... HMaster of the Hbase 0.2.0 is
doesn't work with a Hadoop 0.18.x.

/Edward

2008/10/23 zhuguanyin <zhuguanyin@baidu.com>:
> I run the examples with GettingStarted step by step, I had export
> JAVA_HOME, HADOOP_CONF_DIR, HBASE_CONF_DIR and HAMA_CLASSPATH in
> hama-env.sh.
>
> if I don't set mapred.jar in hama-site.xml, I got the following message:
>
> 08/10/23 14:56:12 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use genericOptions for the
> option -libjars
> 08/10/23 14:56:13 WARN mapred.JobClient: No job jar file set. User
> classes may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or JobConf#setJar(String).
>
> so I set the hama-site.xml with
>
> <property>
> <name>mapred.jar</name>
> <value>/home/zhugy/hadoop-v0.18.1/hadoop/lib/hama-0.1.0-dev-examples.jar</value>
> </property>
>
> then I got the mapred task syslog logs:
>
> 2008-10-23 15:05:05,968 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM
Metrics with processName=MAP, sessionId=
> 2008-10-23 15:05:06,095 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask: numReduceTasks: 1
> 2008-10-23 15:05:06,116 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask: io.sort.mb = 256
> 2008-10-23 15:05:06,411 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask: data buffer = 204010960/255013696
> 2008-10-23 15:05:06,411 INFO org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask: record buffer = 671088/838860
> 2008-10-23 15:05:07,984 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 0 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:08,986 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 1 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:09,988 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 2 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:10,989 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 3 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:11,991 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 4 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:12,993 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 5 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:13,995 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 6 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:14,997 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 7 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:15,999 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 8 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:17,001 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 9 time(s).
> 2008-10-23 15:05:17,001 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers:
Attempt 0 of 10 failed with <java.io.IOException: Call failed on local exception>. Retrying
after sleep of 2000
> 2008-10-23 15:05:20,006 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
localhost/127.0.0.1:60000. Already tried 0 time(s).
>
>
> It seems that in map task, the hbase rangeServer couln't connect to
> Master, While I checked HBase running ok.
>
>
> Samuel Guo 写道:
>> you can check this wiki
>> http://wiki.apache.org/hama/GettingStarted
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:42 PM, zhuguanyin <zhuguanyin@baidu.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> hi, I'm a newbie for hama, I set up a hadoop/hbase cluster, and the hama
>>>> environment, but I couldn't run the examples successfull.
>>>>
>>>> 1) I don't know how to set the hama-site.xml, if there is a
>>>> hama-default.xml, it would be very helpful.
>>>> here is my hama-site.xml:
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>> A good suggestion.
>>
>> Now in hama, a quick way is dealing with conf/hama-env.sh.
>> let $HADOOP_CONF_DIR point to your hadoop cluster's configuration.
>> let $HBASE_CONF_DIR point to your hadoop cluster's configuration.
>>
>> can you try it again and let us know.
>>
>>
>>
>>>> <configuration>
>>>>
>>>> <property>
>>>> <name>mapred.jar</name>
>>>> <value>/home/zhugy/hama/hama-trunk/hama-0.1.0-dev.jar</value>
>>>> </property>
>>>>
>>>> <property>
>>>> <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
>>>> <value>hdfs://jx-hadoop-data08.jx:52310/hbase-v1</value>
>>>> <description>The directory shared by region servers.
>>>> Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.
>>>> E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR
>>>> </description>
>>>> </property>
>>>>
>>>> <property>
>>>> <name>hbase.master</name>
>>>> <value>jx-hadoop-data08.jx:62310</value>
>>>> <description>The host and port that the HBase master runs at.
>>>> A value of 'local' runs the master and a regionserver in
>>>> a single process.
>>>> </description>
>>>> </property>
>>>> </configuration>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> 2) When I test the matrix addition examples:
>>>> hama/hama-trunk/bin/hama examples addition -m 2 -r 1 2 2
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I get the follow stderr on map-reduce's stderr on task:
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>        at org.apache.hama.HamaAdminImpl.initialJob(HamaAdminImpl.java:51)
>>>>        at org.apache.hama.HamaAdminImpl.<init>(HamaAdminImpl.java:46)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hama.AbstractMatrix.setConfiguration(AbstractMatrix.java:62)
>>>
>>>>        at org.apache.hama.DenseMatrix.<init>(DenseMatrix.java:66)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hama.algebra.Add1DLayoutMap.configure(Add1DLayoutMap.java:43)
>>>
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:58)
>>>
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:82)
>>>
>>>>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:33)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:58)
>>>
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:82)
>>>
>>>>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:223)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:2207)
>>>
>>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hama.HamaAdminImpl.matrixExists(HamaAdminImpl.java:79)
>>>
>>>>        at org.apache.hama.DenseMatrix.<init>(DenseMatrix.java:68)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hama.algebra.Add1DLayoutMap.configure(Add1DLayoutMap.java:43)
>>>
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:58)
>>>
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:82)
>>>
>>>>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:33)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:58)
>>>
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:82)
>>>
>>>>        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:223)
>>>>        at
>>>>
>>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:2207)
>>>
>>>>
>>>> thanks!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> <http://blog.udanax.org>
>>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>



-- 
Best regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org
Mime
View raw message