hama-user mailing list archives

From Erik Test <erik.shi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download and installation
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:12:43 GMT
Thanks.
I've downloaded the working code on all nodes and I found a message on the
thread that has instructions to get an example running.

http://www.mail-archive.com/hama-user@incubator.apache.org/msg00114.html

However, the example doesn't run for me. Here is what I see.

[root@slave2 ~]# hama-trunk/bin/hama examples rand 20 20 20% tmp
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: examples
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: examples
Could not find the main class: examples.  Program will exit.

I found the examples directory and saw that there were no class files in the
directory and tried to build the class files simply using javac *.java but
got many errors saying symbols couldn't be found and packages didn't exist.

How should I go about getting an example to run using hama?

Thanks for your time
Erik