hama-user mailing list archives

From Raghava Mutharaju <m.vijayaragh...@gmail.com>
Subject evaluating Hama
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:09:47 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on a research project where I faced the issues that formed the
motivation for Hama (Hamburg) -- the splits in the data depend on each other
and data locality issue in case of multiple MR iterations. I was thinking of
checking other alternatives to MR when I came across Hama. I am in the
process of checking whether Hama would fit our project needs and I need your
help in that regard.

I am interested in the graph processing part of Hama.

I have the following questions

1) What is the status of the project, specifically the graph processing part
(Angrapa?). Is it sufficiently stable to be used? Although this is an
academic research project, it would be better to work on a stable one.
2) I haven't come across any installation/building steps for Hama. How to
integrate with HDFS/HBase?
3) Are there more extensive performance tests say w.r.t the latest branch of
development? Do they have better performance?
4) Can the data assigned to each partition (cluster) be split according to
some condition i.e. can it be controlled unlike a MR split?

Thank you.

Regards,
Raghava.