hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 00:14:55 GMT
GroomServers can be run on different port numbers.

But I don't recommend you to do it.

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:26 AM, Chris Willmore
<chris.willmore@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Edward,
>
> Thank you for the new conf property. I can confirm it works as advertised.
>
> Regarding distributed mode - you mention one groom server can run one task at a time.
Can a host run multiple grooms, or is this limited to one as well?

> Regards,
> Chris
>

> ________________________________

if it is even possible, to run more than 2 peers for a job.

>> I'ved tried running:
>> bin/hama jar hama-examples.jar pi <num>
>>
>> with various values of num, but it seems it is disregarded and always 2 are run (one
master peer and one additional).
>> Can I run and test locally with num > 2?
>>
>> Also, I was wondering how the number of peers concurrently running on a given groom
server are controlled. Is it configurable?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon