hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: on the state of hama
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:48:46 GMT
Hi,

> on a blog post). How mature is the support? What is the scale it has
> been tested on?

1 rack (16 nodes, 256 cores, 10G network) was used for the SSSP test.

> Second, my graph would be stored in hbase. What is the state of the
> hbase-hama integration?

We'll support MapReduce-like InputFormatter/OutputFormatter in near future.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Claudio Martella
<claudio.martella@tis.bz.it> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm considering using hama for my research on BSP and parallel graph
> processing.
> From the release notes, I see that hama has now support for fully
> distributed computing (i see there's a SSSP on the go and one available
> on a blog post). How mature is the support? What is the scale it has
> been tested on?
>
> Second, my graph would be stored in hbase. What is the state of the
> hbase-hama integration?
>
> Would have loved to avoid writing to ask these questions directly on ML,
> but cannot find the complete answers on the wiki.
>

> Thanks!
> Claudio
>
> --
> Claudio Martella
> Digital Technologies
> Unit Research & Development - Analyst
>
> TIS innovation park
> Via Siemens 19 | Siemensstr. 19
> 39100 Bolzano | 39100 Bozen
> Tel. +39 0471 068 123
> Fax  +39 0471 068 129
> claudio.martella@tis.bz.it http://www.tis.bz.it
>
> Short information regarding use of personal data. According to Section 13 of Italian
Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, we inform you that we process your personal data
in order to fulfil contractual and fiscal obligations and also to send you information regarding
our services and events. Your personal data are processed with and without electronic means
and by respecting data subjects' rights, fundamental freedoms and dignity, particularly with
regard to confidentiality, personal identity and the right to personal data protection. At
any time and without formalities you can write an e-mail to privacy@tis.bz.it in order to
object the processing of your personal data for the purpose of sending advertising materials
and also to exercise the right to access personal data and other rights referred to in Section
7 of Decree 196/2003. The data controller is TIS Techno Innovation Alto Adige, Siemens Street
n. 19, Bolzano. You can find the complete information on the web site www.tis.bz.it.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon