hama-user mailing list archives

From 吕雪栋 <lxd.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Ask : Is Hama stores all things in memory ? How to reuse my graph ?
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:48:24 GMT
Dear all,
I am using Hama to implement a search algorithm on a large graph. There
are some Hama's properties confuse me. Wish you could give me a hand.
  1. My task is based on a large graph(more than 10T vertices), whether
Hama stores all the vertices in memory? If so, the memory volume will be
a limitation for the size of my task, right? I wish you can explain how
Hama stores its vertices and how to handle the beyond-memory-size graph.
  2.For my graph is too large, creating vertices and edges will take a
long time, but the graph is almost stable, my compute() only uses but
rewrites or changes the value of every vertex. In other words, I want to
create my graph once and use it multiple times. What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
lv xuedong,
Tianjin University.