hama-user mailing list archives

From Lyu Xuedong <lxd.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Messages must never be behind the vertex in ID ? What does this mean ?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 09:18:44 GMT
Hi all,

I got this exception when ran my job. Then, I ran the PageRank in
hama-example and found that same data in different order leads to
different result . I modified the vertex reader of PageRank.java and
setInputFormat(TextInputFormat.class) to process a text file, while
other code of PageRank.java remain unchanged .

If the input file :

3\t2\t1<br/>
2\t1<br/>
1<br/>

PageRank runs well .

If I deleted the last line (which represents a single page "1") :

3\t2\t1<br/>
2\t1<br/>

Job failed and I got the exception "Messages must never be behind the
vertex in ID! Current Message ID: 1 vs. 2"

What's more, If the input file contains only one line :

3\t2\t1<br/>

Job failed with the exception "Messages must never be behind the vertex
in ID! Current Message ID: 1 vs. 3".

But when I exchanged the situations of "3" and "1" :

1\t2\t3<br/>

It ran well.

What's wrong ? Do I overlook something or It is a bug ?

Regards,
Lyu.