hama-user mailing list archives

From Steven van Beelen <smcvbee...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible Aggregator Problem
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:27:00 GMT
Hello,

I'm creating my own pagerank in hama for a testing and I think I found a
problem with the AverageAggregator. I'm not sure if it is me or the the
AverageAggregator class in general, but I believe it just returns the mean
of all the values instead of the average difference between the old and new
value as intended.

For testing, I created my own AbsDiffAggregator and AverageAggregator
classes, using FloatWritable instead of DoubleWritables. The same problem
still occured: I got a mean of all the values in the graph instead of an
average difference.

Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or what I should provide
to better explain my problem?

Regards,
Steven van Beelen, Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam