hama-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Xirog <k0stasx1...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j on hama
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 22:27:55 GMT
Hello,

 I need some help with log4j on Hama..I'm trying to use a logger that
writes the log messages in a log file. my log4j.properties file is :

# Define the root logger with appender file
log4j.rootLogger = DEBUG, FILE

# Define the file appender
log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
# Set the name of the file
log4j.appender.FILE.File=log.out

# Set the immediate flush to true (default)
log4j.appender.FILE.ImmediateFlush=true

# Set the threshold to debug mode
log4j.appender.FILE.Threshold=debug

# Set the append to false, overwrite
log4j.appender.FILE.Append=true

# Define the layout for file appender
log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.conversionPattern=%m%n

I have the properties file in the same directory as my hama project, and I
include it in the files when I export my jar from eclipse.

my configuration happens on the first superstep:
BasicConfigurator.configure();
PropertyConfigurator.configure("log4j.properties");

also on the first superstep I'm trying:
log.debug("This is a debug message");

Nothing happens, the log.out file isn't created in the directory where I
ran my hama program...

Any help? How do I make this work?

Thank you in advance
Kostas