hama-user mailing list archives

From Ηλίας Καπουράνης <ikapo...@csd.auth.gr>
Subject Re: Aggregators problem
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:50:19 GMT
Hey, it's ok! I managed to solve it! I had a custom message class and
the fields I didnt use, I was setting them to null.
Now I just set some random number and it works like a charm!

Στις 20/8/2013 11:00 πμ, ο/η andronat_asf έγραψε:
> Hey, sorry for the late response,
>
> you need to implement at least two methods:
>
> 1) aggregate(VERTEX vertex, M value) (!!! NOT aggregate(VERTEX vertex, M oldValue, M
newValue) !!!)
> 2) getValue()
>
> The first method is called in every superstep and gets the value of the vertex. Then
the same method is used on the master aggregator to get and summarize the values of the slave
aggregators.
> The second method is called from the AggregatorRunner to read the end value of master
aggregator. Then (the AggregatorRunner) published the value to all vertexes.

> The finalizeAggregate() is a function that is called in the end of the master aggregation,
just before the results are published to slaves.

> If you show us some code, we might help you more on what's going on.
>
> Cheers,
> Anastasis
>
> On 17 Αυγ 2013, at 12:38 π.μ., ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:
>
>> Hey again it's me with the aggregators again ^^
>>
>>   The problem now is that the aggregators are working but when I want to get the
value it returns the value I use at the constructor of the aggregator. I have implemented
getValue() and aggregate(). I tried implementing finalizeAggregate() but it didn't help.