hama-user mailing list archives

From andronat_asf <andronat_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Aggregators in Graph API
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:24:48 GMT
In the end of every superstep (an some times before but let's keep it simple) each aggregator
is invoked and gets the value of each vertex. Then all aggregators combine their status with
1 master aggregator. On your next superstep you can read this aggregated value from every
vertex you have throughout the method getLastAggregatedValue(0). (if you have more aggregators
you will need to change the number from 0 to an other).

If you want more internal stuff of how those actually work please tell me :)

Anastasis

On 16 Αυγ 2013, at 2:13 μ.μ., ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:

> Hey Anastasis,
>
>   Yeah I did check it but I can't figure out their work. So at each superstep the aggregator
takes the values of each node and calls the aggregate function for each of them? And then
at the next superstep, we just call the getNextAggregatedValue with the index of the aggregator
we want, to get the result we return from getValue?

> Ilias
>

> Quoting andronat_asf <andronat_asf@hotmail.com>:
>
>> There is an example of Aggregators in PageRank example. Did you check it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Anastasis
>>
>> On 15 Αυγ 2013, at 10:57 μ.μ., ikapoura@csd.auth.gr wrote:
>>
>>> Hello there,
>>>
>>> Sorry if my question is too naive but I cant find anything myself..! I want to
use a test aggregator in the Graph API but I can't find how to call the aggregate function..
I can only see getLastAggregatedValue and getNumLastAggregatedVertices. I am also using hama-0.6.0.