hama-user mailing list archives

From Mahesh Babu <jmb...@gmail.com>
Subject setNumBspTask - implications
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:17:40 GMT
Hi,

I am running some SSSP routines in pseudo distributed mode now. However,
time taken to compute minDist is increasing when increasing NumBspTask. And
it reduces when I reduce this site configuration.

I wanted to understand this API a bit more : i.e. BSPJob.setNumBspTasks()
   can somebody help me understand this..
   does it relate to number of threads or does it any way influence number
of partitions
   and the reason why my time measurements are so.

Also is there any other configuration/property that I can try to improve
the speed of SSSP ?

Regards,
Mahesh Babu