hama-user mailing list archives

From Mahesh Babu <jmb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setNumBspTask - implications
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:44:05 GMT
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the reply. That was my observation too.

Is there any other way to improve performance in a single node pseudo
distribution mode ?

Say when I have a hama cluster of 3 machines, does it mean it is ideal to
have number of tasks (NumBspTasks) to that of the cluster size ?
   I see in the code when we do not set num tasks for a given job. value is
taken from either from site or from default or from cluster size.

Is there any other knobs that I can use to improve performance when in
clusterd/distributed mode ?

Regards,
Mahesh Babu