hama-user mailing list archives

From Steven van Beelen <smcvbee...@gmail.com>
Subject HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message - 2
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:22:56 GMT
I have a very similar problem as Anveshi Charuvaka is mailing about.

What I found additionally when I set task logging to DEBUG mode, is that
the DEBUG logs get interrupted at same point and replaced with the "INFO
bsp.BSPJobClient: Job failed." message.
My program works in local, distributed and pseudo mode, so that's probably
not the issue.

The only case the program does run, is when I use the maximum number of
machines (i.e. 7 machines, with 12 cores, 128GB ram..). I set the maximum
number of tasks to 12 per node, thus 84. But when I force the program to
run with 60 tasks, the "Job Failed" comes up with no additional info.

Last note: I'm running an Inverted Indexing algorithm with a data set of
approximately 17 GB.
Could someone help me with this?

Regards, Steven