hama-user mailing list archives

From song bai <baison...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to run Eclipse project in Pseudo Distributed Mode?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 02:48:17 GMT
Under your guidance ,I have read
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/GettingStarted#Setting_up_Hama and
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/HowToContribute
<http://wiki.apache.org/hama/HowToContribute>
 .

but i also have some questions,as follows
(1) where should I add the "HamaConfiguration conf = new
HamaConfiguration(Path of hama-site.xml) " ?
    I currently have an idea,I can modify the static addHamaResource()
method  in org.apache.hama.HamaConfiguration class.
    private static void addHamaResources() {
        Configuration.addDefaultResource("hama-default.xml");
        Configuration.addDefaultResource("hama-site.xml");
    }
   my configuration
is: Configuration.addDefaultResource("hama-trunk/conf/hama-site.xml");
   but i don't try it ,because I want to run hama on the hdfs , I also have
a question(2) about how to configure hadoop.
(2) how to configure hadoop-1.2.0 and start hdfs service?
after i do "mvn install -Phadoop1 -Dhadoop.version=1.2.0" ,i can
download hadoop-core-1.2.0.jar
in /user/.m2/repository/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/1.2.0 folder,but i
dont find start-all.sh or start-bsp.sh scripts.
do i have to download the Complete hadoop-1.2.0 and install them by myself?

Note:I used to download the hadoop and hama source code ,and added them
into an eclipse project.after modifying
core-site.xml,hdfs-site.xml,mapred-site-xml and hama-site.xml ,I can
run NameNode,DataNode,BSPMasterRunner,GroomServerRunnner and
ZookeeperRunner Progresses as Pseudo Distributed Mode  in my eclipse
project.so I can debug and modify the source code easily.

now I want to participate in the hama project,after I read
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/HowToContribute ,I also don't kown how to run
hama in Eclipse?
Do anyone tell me in detail?