hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ting(Goden) Yao" <t...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: HAWQ 795,796,797
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:58:33 GMT
There has been new JIRA and PR filed against this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-849
PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/737

PR comments: "...as we discuss in the mail list, we use an alternative
method to support reading orc files from HDFS which does not modify the
original orc repo. We could use a git submodule in the future...."

I only see the PR removing the original commit, can someone elaborated on
"alternative method" here? Also, I don't think we discussed git submodule
on the mailing list.
-Goden