hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Denissov <adenis...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: question on pg_hba.conf updates
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:02:18 GMT
If we make pg_hba.conf manageable via Ambari this will mean:
- the content of this file will be the same on all the nodes where it is
applies (see below for details)
- the file will be ovewritten by Ambari when the service restarts

We do have some flexibility on which hosts we apply the Ambari-managed
templates:
- active master only
- active and standby only
- active and standby and segments
We can also have different templates for different categories, if
absolutely required, but this might be a bit confusing to the user.

Since Ambari will be managing the file, whatever changes init standby /
activate standby are doing to the files should be similar to what Ambari
will overwrite it with. So a few questions:

- Can we have the file content be the same on active / standby / segments ?
- If not, what are the concerns and what are the valid combinations ?
- What is the logic for file content that HAWQ tools currently have ? We
will need to replicate it in Ambari, keeping in mind that Ambari has
information about cluster topology and system users

--
Thanks,
Alex.