hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ting(Goden) Yao" <t...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 22:19:32 GMT
To echo with Roman's ask - I assume we plan to cut 2.0.0.0-incubating
branch based on the current head of Master:

The last known commit when we were discussing on this thread was: by rlei
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=0f61e8597586d9e4f3902b14dc0ad2debae606a7

today (July 7), shivram had another commit to fix a unit test issue:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=e150dc4e346bf471687e32c32f37c66896d302ec

so if we want to cut the branch please do it fast as master is always
moving with latest commits.

If I don't see any updates on the thread of creating the release branch by
July 8th morning 10am (PST), as release manager, I'll go ahead to create
the branch based on the latest commit then.

Let me know if there's any concerns for that.

Thanks
-Goden

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 11:25 AM Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> Thanks Goden!
>
> To close the loop on the other thread that has to do with dependencies
> management,
> I'd like to ask that whoever cuts the branch notifies the list
> immediately so I don't
> have to wait for the tarball to be put up for vote in order to provide
> feedback on
> the build.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Ting(Goden) Yao <tyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
> > I'm fine with this one-time approach. Please moving forward creating a
> new
> > branch and deal with the version issue , then I'll check and respin the
> > voting process.
> > I've also updated JIRA release version for this one to
> "*2.0.0.0-incubating*"
> > to be consistent as well as wiki page.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 12:47 AM Lei Chang <lei_chang@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Since this is blocking the release and this release is only for IP
> cleanup,
> >> and considering the version number change and merge or a new branch is
> just
> >> a minor issue, I think the easiest way is to create a new branch
> >> "2.0.0.0-incubating" and unblock the release.
> >>
> >> And for future releases, merge makes more sense.
> >>
> >> Cheers

> >> '2.0.0.0-incubating'.

> releases,
> forward,