hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Shubham Sharma <ssha...@pivotal.io>
Subject Travis CI build failing
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 00:51:38 GMT
Hi,

The current Travis CI build is failing as seen from
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-hawq?branch=master

Ed and I discussed about it, he found out that this might have happened due
to a recent protobuf update in brew. The last successful build had a
protobuf version of 3.2 and the latest(failing) is 3.4

Am working on setting up a local dev branch on my mac to test the failure
due to upgrade(till now I have been using centos).

>From the travis CI error message it looks like it is a problem with
namespace resolution while declaring stringstream and ostringstream

Error message -

/Users/travis/build/apache/incubator-hawq/depends/libyarn/src/libyarnclient/LibYarnClient.cpp:248:9:
error: unknown type name 'stringstream'; did you mean
'std::stringstream'?

        stringstream ss;

        ^~~~~~~~~~~~

        std::stringstream

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/iosfwd:153:38:
note: 'std::stringstream' declared here

typedef basic_stringstream<char> stringstream;

/Users/travis/build/apache/incubator-hawq/depends/libyarn/src/libyarnclient/LibYarnClient.cpp:299:13:
error: unknown type name 'ostringstream'; did you mean
'std::ostringstream'?

            ostringstream key;

            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

            std::ostringstream

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/iosfwd:152:38:
note: 'std::ostringstream' declared here

typedef basic_ostringstream<char>    ostringstream;

Here are the possible solutions -

1 - To update travis.yml to use protobuf 3.2 only
2 -  Use namespace while declaring stringstream or ostringstream

Also, trying to get to the root cause of the problem, if it is due to
protobuf upgrade, the only change that I see in protobuf regarding std
namespace is, in the recent version they moved it out of common/stubs.h -
https://github.com/google/protobuf/blob/master/CHANGES.txt#L61, not sure if
this is the problem but only thing I could find relative.

Will appreciate your input on this.

--
Regards,
Shubham