hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Shubham Sharma <ssha...@pivotal.io>
Subject HAWQ-421 - Proposal to remove references of GPHOME and greenplum_path.sh
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 00:45:50 GMT
Hi,

HAWQ-421 describes the confusion created by GPHOME and greenplum_path.sh,
which also seems out of place with the project name HAWQ. This issue is
marked as backlog for a while and I wanted to take the opportunity to
replace these references with something related to our project.

Since these changes almost touch the entire project and the naming changes
will stick going on forward, wanted to bounce off some ideas with the
community, let me know which naming convention sounds better.

1 - Replace GPHOME with

a - HAWQHOME
b - HAWQ_HOME
c - HAWQ_CONF_DIR

2 - Replace greenplum_path.sh with

a - hawq_env.sh
b - hawq_path.sh

I prefer 1-b and 2-a

Please feel free to add other options. Appreciate your inputs.

--
Regards,
Shubham