hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruilong Huo" <h...@apache.org>
Subject Revisit plan for Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0 release with Hive access support in pluggable storage framework
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2018 08:03:48 GMT
Hi Radar and All,

Had a closer look at the plan for Apache HAWQ 2.4.0.0 release, it turns out that the support
of Hive data access in pluggable storage framework has larger content than expected. In fact,
to make Hive protocol available, the prerequisite need to be done at first, which including
HDFS protocol, ORC, TEXT/CSV format, etc. The corresponding task have been added in umbrella
feature HAWQ-786 as below:

HAWQ-1628:  Support HDFS protocol using pluggable storage framework
HAWQ-1629:  Support ORC format using pluggable storage framework
HAWQ-1630:  Support TEXT/CSV format using pluggable storage framework
HAWQ-1631:  Support Hive protocol using pluggable storage framework
HAWQ-1632:  Wrap up pluggable storage framework and HDFS/Hive ORC/TEXT/CSV support

Given that, I think it will be better if we can release 2.4.0.0 without this feature for now
and accommodate it to subsequent releases. Any comment?

Best regards,
Ruilong Huo