hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Oushu and Trademark use
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2018 02:54:12 GMT
On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 7:45 PM, Jim Apple <jbapple@apache.org> wrote:
> I don't think the following fit with Apache guideline about TM use: https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/
>
> http://www.oushu.io/
>
> "Oushu database, the Apache HAWQ enterprise version, helps us building the most advanced
data platform"

That is an interesting question actually. This seems to be a customer quote.
Which means that even if the customer was confused its not like you can
change it without doing a round-trip with said customer.

Something to definitely clarify, tho -- thanks for pointing it out!

> http://oushu.io/about-us.html
>
> "'Oushu' is a database and AI company founded by the team who created Apache HAWQ."

What's the issue with this? I guess a more specific statement would be:
   "Oushu' is a database and AI company founded by the team who
founded Apache HAWQ."
(sans annoying founded...founded). Is this the kind of clarification you're
looking for?

Thanks,
Roman.