hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject Re: Lost tables
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:38:46 GMT
The pattern of events as you list them is the correct way to bring up
and down an HBase cluster.

Is this being run on a single node or multiple machines? What command
are you using to start HBase? (bin/start-hbase.sh is what I use) Is
there anything interesting in the HBase logs for either the master or
the regionserver(s)?

You can check if the correct files are in the DFS by just starting
the hadoop dfs then running bin/hadoop dfs -lsr /path/to/hbase/
rootdir. This will give us a big flattened listing of all the files
that hbase should have created.

-Bryan