hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>
Subject HBase Sample Schemas
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 05:02:39 GMT
All,

One of the more common types of questions we get from people new to
HBase are about the differences in the schema between HBase and
relational databases. So that we can generate some good examples of
RDBMS schemas and their counterparts as they might be represented in
HBase, could you guys post some small (1-5 entities) schemas that you
might be interested in using and a few sentences about how you'd like
to consume them? We can then discuss possible options and see how
things might look. This will also help Stack, Jim, and myself to
notice interesting access patterns we might want to support.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan