hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: # of dfs replications when using hbase
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:14:12 GMT
Rong-en Fan wrote:
> I did so. I even rm -rf on dfs's dir and do namenode -format
> before starting my dfs. hadoop fsck reports the default replication
> is 1, avg. block replication is 2.9x after I wrote some data into
> hbase. The underlying dfs is used by hbase. No other apps on
> it.

What if you add a file using './bin/hadoop fs ....' -- i.e. don't have
hbase in the mix at all -- does the file show as replicated?

If you copy your hadoop-conf.xml to $HBASE_HOME/conf, does it then do
the right thing?  Maybe whats happening is that hbase writing files,
we're using hadoop defaults.

> Hmm... as far as I understand the hadoop FileSystem, you can
> specify # of replication when creating a file. But I did not find hbase
> use it, correct?

We don't do it explicitly, but as I suggest above, we're probably using
defaults instead of your custom config.

St.Ack